This training is designed for those who have never worked in an accountancy capacity.
Who needs this unique practical training?
- Those that have no practical accounting or audit experience
- Those who although are working but have never prepared accounts by themselves from actual source documents to the balance sheet (invoices, petty cash vouchers, cheque stubs etc) up to the balance sheet.
Financial Accounting Training Scope
Preparation of a client’s account. Designing an accounting system. Account codes. Opening Balances. Writing and posting of Daybooks from invoices and other accounting source documents. Bank reconciliation. Accruals and prepayments. Journals. Control accounts. Debtors and Creditors schedules. Trial balance, Profit & Loss and Balance sheet.
- Preparation of a client’s account.
- Designing an accounting system.
- Account codes.
- Opening Balances.
- Writing and posting of Daybooks from invoices and other accounting source documents.
- Bank reconciliation.
- Accruals and prepayments.
- Control accounts.
- Debtors and Creditors schedules.
- Trial balance, Profit & Loss and Balance sheet.
The above includes the maintenance of Sales/Purchases and Nominal ledgers.
Note: This workshop is not textbook accounting. It is how accounts are prepared at work. Participants must have a knowledge of accounting theories. It is designed for those who have never worked in an accountancy capacity and those who though are working in accountancy capacities have never had the opportunity to prepare accounts from source documents to the Balance Sheet.